// Read Matthew 9:9-13 //
9 As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
1. Religion don’t care about what you are living for but what you are living with v11
2. Religion places sacrifices above mercy v13
3. Religion knows about Scripture but not the meaning of the Scripture v13
4. Religion prefers the company of the doctors rather than company of doctor and the sick v12.
5. Religion prefers doing things for men than to do it with men v11
PRAYER: Oh Lord, open my eyes and deliver me from religion for spiritual impact.