// Read: II Timothy 1:1-7 //
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, in keeping with the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, my dear son:
Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
Appeal for Loyalty to Paul and the Gospel
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
MEDITATION: Fear is a spirit that must be overcome if you are going to have reports of faith. Know the following about fear and pray about it.
1. Fear is a Spirit – II Timothy 1:7
2. Fear is a forerunner of the enemy – Neh. 6:14, 19
3. Fear naturally subjects – Hebrews 2:15
4. Fear reduces the capacity of its victim – Matt. 28:4; Lk. 1:74
5. Fear hath torments – 1 John 4:18
6. If you don’t control fear it will control you – Hebrews 2:15
What faith does to the Spirit of God is what fear does to evil spirit – Activation!
PRAYER: Pray against the spirit of fear.